Sunday, July 2, 2017

Week 2 of 30 Day Book of Mormon Challenge

If you've joined with me so far for the challenge, that's fantastic. I hope you've had some great experiences reading the Book of Mormon this week.

One thing I've learned is that it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I mean, 18 pages a day is a lot. But it is actually doable, and I'm glad to be doing it. What it really means for me is that maybe a chapter a day or two pages a day is actually not that much. I've been so terrible about consistently reading my scriptures. But now I can see that being consistent is possible. What's more; if I can do 18 pages a day for the month, surely I can keep doing a chapter a day after the challenge.

So far, that's been the greatest blessing I've had; the realization that I CAN do this. I can read my Book of Mormon every day. And only a chapter? Easy peasy.

If you haven't joined with me so far, that's totally okay! Start today with us. If you want to go back later and catch the beginning of the Book of Mormon, great; if not, that's fine, too. But join with us now. Get the blessings promised to you for diligent study of the Word of God.

The schedule for this week:

Day         page          read through:
8              143           End of Omni
9              161             Mosiah 7
10            179             Mosiah 16
11            197             Mosiah 25
12            215             Alma 3
13            233             Alma 10
14            251             Alma 17
15            269             Alma 24

 Why are we doing this now? I read the talk by President Monson given at the last General Conference and felt strongly that I needed to change the way I read the Book of Mormon. Since I get to teach Relief Society, I challenged all the sisters in my ward to join me in this challenge. And since I'm a mom, I challeneged my family to join me, too.

Read President Monson's message here: The Power of the Book of Mormon

No comments:

Post a Comment